Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Skippy Jon Jones comes to Class :) Writing Project


This year, I wanted to bring one of my favorite book characters, Skippy Jon Jones, to life in  in my class! So El Skippito Friskito himself is going to slip into our class one day this year along with a letter explaining his presence. It goes something like: 

"Holey Frijoles!
I slipped into my closet and found myself here in your class! ¡Como Loco!
I was just thinking that I needed to go on another adventure..."

It explains how the stuffed animal Skippy is going to go home with the students where he will go on an adventure with them each in turn for a weekend. They will then go on an adventure, write about it and draw a picture in the Adventure Journal, then share it with the class. 

There is also a letter in the journal for the parents explaining the process, which goes something like: 

"Thank you for your help writing the words I need practice with and for letting me share my adventure ideas with you. I know we are going to have a muy Fantástico time!" 

Can't wait see Skippy's zest sparking in my students :)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment